Massachusetts State Lottery Commission’s
“Lottery VIP EXTRA Holiday Bonus” Promotion
- GENERAL: By participating in the “Lottery VIP EXTRA Holiday Bonus” Promotion (“the Promotion”), sponsored by the Massachusetts State Lottery Commission (“the Lottery”), located at 60 Columbian Street, Braintree, MA 02184, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules (“the Official Rules”). The Promotion Period begins Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 9 a.m. and ends on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. (“the Promotion Period”). All times in the Promotion refer to Eastern Time. There is one Promotion Period. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by all decisions of the Executive Director of the Lottery, whose decisions are in his sole discretion and are binding and final. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in disqualification from the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal United States residents who are members of the Lottery’s Red Carpet VIP Club (“VIP Club”). All members of the VIP Club must be 18 years of age or older. An individual who turns 18 years of age during the Promotion Period shall only be eligible for the Promotion Period on and after the date that the member turns 18 years of age. Individuals who are not currently VIP Club members may become eligible by registering for a VIP Club account at www.masslotteryplayersclub.com. Employees of the Lottery and family members of employees of the Lottery, including any spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of abode of any employee of the Lottery, and employees of the Lottery’s advertising agency, are not eligible to enter the Promotion or to win a prize as a result of the Promotion. Employees of Scientific Games International, Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively, SGI) and family members of employees of SGI, including any spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of abode of any employee of the SGI are not eligible to enter the Promotion or to win a prize as a result of the Promotion.
HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry (“Entry”) for the Promotion, as follows:
(1) to enter the Promotion, VIP Club members may access the “Lottery VIP EXTRA Holiday Bonus” promotional page (“the promotional page”) by clicking on the link posted on the Lottery’s website or Facebook or Twitter pages. Access to the promotional page will also be available on the VIP Club homepage. VIP Club members will be directed to the VIP Club login page (if not logged in previously). VIP Club members will log in using their VIP Club login email address and password. Once logged in, VIP Club members will be brought directly to the promotional page, where they will be asked to manually enter the required entry numbers from any non-winning $10,000 Holiday Bonus, $100,000 Holiday Bonus, $1,000,000 Holiday Bonus, or $2,500,000 Holiday Bonus tickets (collectively “the Holiday Bonus Family”), or any Nutcracker Cashword tickets into the promotion entry site during the Promotion Period; or
(2) to enter the Promotion, VIP Club members may access the promotional page by downloading the MA Lottery 2nd Chance application and scanning the PDF Barcode from any non-winning Holiday Bonus Family or Nutcracker Cashword tickets into the promotion entry site during the Promotion Period.
For every non-winning ($1) $10,000 Holiday Bonus ticket entered, players earn one (1) drawing entry. For every non-winning ($2) $100,000 Holiday Bonus or ($2) Nutcracker Cashword ticket entered, players earn two (2) drawing entries. For every non-winning ($5) $1,000,000 Holiday Bonus ticket entered, players earn five (5) drawing entries. For every non-winning ($10) $2,500,000 Holiday Bonus ticket entered, players earn ten (10) drawing entries. Only valid entries posted through the promotional site during the Promotion Period shall be eligible to win.
The Lottery reserves the right to disqualify entries that violate the terms of any of the agreements by which the entrant has agreed to abide as an entrant of the Promotion.
- PRIZES: Up to twenty-eight (28) prizes shall be available to be awarded as a result of the Promotion. The Lottery shall select one (1) $10,000 winner, two (2) $2,500 winners and twenty-five (25) $1,000 winners. There shall be no substitutions. Transfer of the prize is prohibited. Prize checks will be mailed to the address on the winners’ VIP Club Account within two weeks of notification. All prizes are subject to applicable taxes and withholdings.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Twenty-eight (28) winners shall be randomly selected by the Lottery from all eligible entries posted during the Promotion Period. The winners shall be selected using a computer generated algorithm to randomly select twenty-eight (28) identification numbers from all eligible entries. The entry ranked 1 shall be eligible to receive the $10,000 cash prize, entries 2 and 3 shall be eligible to receive the $2,500 cash prize and entries 4 through 28 shall be eligible to receive the $1,000 cash prize. All remaining entries in the file ranked 29 through 100 shall be alternates, and if necessary, chosen in sequential order. Winners shall be selected within three (3) business days following the end of the Promotion Period. Winners shall be notified via mail that they won a prize within two (2) business days of the drawing date. Winners’ names shall be announced on the Lottery’s website at www.masslottery.com. The winners will be notified by the Lottery that they must complete a claim form and provide proof of his/her Social Security number. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of the Promotion rules, the prize shall be forfeited. The Lottery shall select an alternate winner for any prize that is forfeited. It shall be the sole responsibility of each entrant to notify the Lottery if his or her contact information changes. The Lottery shall not be responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. There is no limit on the number of entries that a player can submit. There is no limit to the number of prizes one person may win.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: If the Promotion is not capable of running, as planned, for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Lottery which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or Promotion, the Lottery reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the Promotion process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, without any consequence whatsoever to the Lottery or to any VIP Club member. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Treasurer and Receiver General, the Lottery, and their Commissioners, directors, agents and employees of any of the foregoing (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, incorrect information, printing and production errors, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries, (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of the VIP Club, any mobile networks, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by the Lottery on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the entrant or any other person's mobile phone or device related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees on behalf of herself/himself and each of her/his heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless the Lottery, its respective constitutional office, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Promotion and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Promotion itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Lottery, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Promotion at the Lottery’s sole discretion.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be brought and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal court situated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Massachusetts law, without reference to Massachusetts' choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT/OFFICIAL RULES: For the names of the winners, available after the conclusion of the Promotion, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Massachusetts State Lottery, “Lottery VIP EXTRA Holiday Bonus” Promotion, 60 Columbian Street, Braintree, MA 02184. For a copy of the Official Rules, please go to the Lottery’s website or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Massachusetts State Lottery, “Lottery VIP EXTRA Holiday Bonus” Promotion, 60 Columbian Street, Braintree, MA 02184. Please indicate that you are requesting a copy of the Official Rules.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of becoming a winner of the Promotion are wholly dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. There shall be up to twenty-eight (28) winners.